Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Anecdote #2

My Most Embarrassing Moment, Spring Concert

Everyone has had embarrassing moments and star of the show moments, it just happens naturally, but the embarrassing moment that happened to me was so unusual and unexpected. I’ve had many small embarrassing moments throughout my life like when I tell someone a secret and they go tell everyone behind my back, but those kindergarten days are over, now I’m traveling to the past in grade 4 when my most embarrassing moment takes time. Everyone will think that this was not embarrassing but trust me, you wouldn’t like to be in my shoes at that moment. Now let’s embark on a trip to the past with my exclusive time machine.
“Zzzzxoooommmmrrrooommm!!!” goes the machine as it is traveling at a speed of 1 year/sec! Just 4 seconds and we will be there as I’m in grade 8 now and we need to travel 4 years back to get to grade 4 back in Canada!! Quick Math!!

This is me 4 years back, during music class:
On one cold winter Monday, I went to school to learn and to get educated and be a successful man. In second period we had music class with the most hated teacher I had Ms. Raven, we were getting prepared for the Disney themed spring concert that was just around the corner. That day we were discussing the choreography to the song “Under the Sea” in the movie “Ariel.” There was a part in the dance were we would link elbows with the person next to us and luckily we were able to pick our partners. Of course I picked my Egyptian best friend, Mostafa, that I knew since I was born in Egypt, fortunately his family and him made their way to Canada a few years later and ended up living 5 minutes away. Thank god he ended up with me in the same school and yet, in the same class. Anyways, we ended up with each other, and it was a dream come true. Every music class we would practice and practice our dance till the day of the concert. 2 months have passed and there are 2 weeks left till the concert. It was great up until the notice of doom was brought up to me that my friend was traveling to Egypt with his mom for 3 weeks. The days went by quickly until there was 1 day left to the concert and it was the same day we had our dress rehearsal, and that’s when I realized that I was going to do the duo part all of the dance and I had to link elbows with the air and just swirl, while all the other students in class already had their partners. I tried telling Ms. Raven that I would not like to participate, but of course with her “ amazing” experience with children, she said it’s “ a big fat no! N O.” So the day of the concert came and I had to swirl all alone looking so stupid and looked like I am a loser and have no friends. It was so embarrassing! Now let’s travel to the future 4 years after grade 8 and search for any embarrassing moments and try to avoid them when their time comes.
“Zzzzzooooommmmmmmm!!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Vacation (Brought to you by Kempenski Soma Bay)

To start tgis blog off, I want to inform all of you that I miss you guys so so so much! Everyday I check my Instagram feed and see all of yo...