Translate

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

My Birth

Everyone's birthday is the most important day of his/her life. It's the day when a small, cute, and intelligent baby is born. Everyone gathers around to support the family contributing towards the baby and help them in many different ways. Perhaps the uncle or aunt can buy a small gift to the mom saying "YOU'RE A HERO!" Or maybe they can support the family by making them stay over for a couple of weeks for support and to be able to raise successful child.

In my case, I was born in a large hospital in Mohandessin, Cairo, Egypt, many of my relatives such as my grandparents, uncles and aunts, cousins, etc attended my birth and supported us all the way. Of course my mom was having a difficult time while everyone else was anticipating, "The Baby" as that was my name for my first two weeks in the universe. Unfortunately, I was born at the wrong time and at the wrong place, three months after my birth, my family decided to go live in Dallas, Texas in the USA. As I grew older my mom told me that I could've been American by birth and later get the Canadian citizenship along with my family, but of course things just had to go wrong. Thank god I am a Canadian citizen, its better than no duo nationalities at all, mow I have some advantages like entering many countries with no visa.

When I came out of my mother's womb, she was unconscious, but later when she saw me, she said these exact words, "Did King Farouk just come back to life?" She said that I looked a lot like an ancient king that ruled Egypt long ago. I had big hazel eyes but as I grew older it started fading into brown.

For within my family, we have special birthdays, all my siblings are born on the same day as me the 18th of which ever month that starts with the letter J. My older brother is born on the 18th of June 1998 and is 20 years old at the moment, my older sister is born o the 18th of January 2001 and is 17 at the moment, I'm born July 18th and I am 13 years old at the moment. Lastly there is my younger sister, but here there is a little bit of a mix up, she is born 19th of September 2009, she is not born not the 18th, nor is she born in a month starting with J. At least, her birthday rhymes in all different languages: Arabic, English French, etc. We all have this weird coincidence that our birthdays all have somethings in common, like the letter 18 in a month starting with the letter J.

I think I had a pretty good birthday and that whoever attended it and saw me as a young baby boy, thought: "Hey look Samantha! There is a really handsome baby over there! He looks just like that ancient king of Egypt! Hopefully our baby will be just like him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Vacation (Brought to you by Kempenski Soma Bay)

To start tgis blog off, I want to inform all of you that I miss you guys so so so much! Everyday I check my Instagram feed and see all of yo...