Translate

Monday, October 1, 2018

Dr.Seuss's Quote

"YOU'LL MISS THE BEST THINGS IF YOU KEEP YOUR EYES SHUT."

Text to World:

In this quote, Dr.Seuss is trying to tell us to not fear the world. If you close your eyes one second, unfortunately, life can pass you by. Dr.Seuss is trying to get to our inner side, telling us to take risks and live the moment while it lasts. For example, has anyone ever walked around wondering how beautiful the sunrise/sunset are, or how it just happens in a cycle at the exact same moment every single day?

Text to Self:

This quote reminded me of many vacations that I went on and wouldn't care less to look around and discover nature. For instance, 2 summers ago, I was at Suma Bay with my family and family friends. One day we went out for a swim in the beach, bringing our snorkel sets with us. I went snorkelling for about 10-15 minutes then got bored and decided to return back to the hotel room. An hour later, my father came to tell me that they had seen a dolphin from a distance, I had never seen a dolphin in my life and I got so jealous. There was even a more regretting action I had done during my stay there. My family decided to go visit my uncle in Sahl Hasheesh that was about a 45 minute drive away. I didn't want to be squished or sitting on someone's lap in that tiny car we had came with. So me and my cousin decided to stay at the hotel, while my family went snorkelling "enjoying their time". When my younger sister returned, she described how beautiful it was there and that there was a private pool over looking the beach. She explained to me that they went snorkelling and that they saw a "SEA TURTLE"(one of my favourite animals). I regretted that I hadn't went with them and if I knew there were sea turtles, I would've even ridden in the trunk, even if it made me look like a barbarian.

Text to Text:

Reading this quote reminds me of many Dr.Seuss's great movies and series, like: Cat in the Hat and The Lorax. In the movie The Lorax, there is a man that has cut down all the trees in a town, The Lorax tried stopping hip from doing so but he didn't care. As the days went on that man cut down all the trees as well as habitats and food chains until there was only one tree left, he cut that down also. He kept the seed to the last tree with him until an intelligent boy found his house and they became friends. When, the man was cutting down all the trees he was not looking around him at all only thinking about his factory and not about the diverse colours and plants that were once right in front of him. After the man realized how much doom he had brought to his town, he decided to hide in a small house far away from everyone. When the boy found that man, he took the seed and planted right in the middle of the town and they all lived colourfully once again. If that man what have just listened to The Lorax and didn't cut those trees, everyone would have been in harmony as is. Or, after he had caused this misery, he couldn't have fixed by planting that on seed to make more and more.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Vacation (Brought to you by Kempenski Soma Bay)

To start tgis blog off, I want to inform all of you that I miss you guys so so so much! Everyday I check my Instagram feed and see all of yo...