Translate

Monday, January 14, 2019

One Word 2018

This past year of 2018 actually wasn't that bad, though I did expect more to be honest, guess what we must always look on the bright side and appreciate what is given to us. I have no clue where to start, maybe school, or maybe jump straight into the fun stuff like vacation and weekends. If I was to label my 2018 with one word it will take me for ages to get the best suitable word, it would take some looking up to god and thinking inside and outside the box. Hmm, crazy, nooo that doesn't work out. Maybe fun, well no, not the whole year, someday it must come to study. Enthusiasm, yes that's the word, ENTHUSIASM. The year 2018 was an enthusiastic year with many surprises and ups and downs. Let's jump right into my first couple of months of 2018.

Just the ordinary, Sunday to Thursday work, work, work at school then study, study, study and a twist all of a sudden then repeat every week. I would never be expecting the twists that would happen, for I remember one of my favourite twists was when my mom surprised us out of nowhere and we all thought she was still back in Canada. We spent the rest of the week enjoying our time and celebrating enthusiastically the arrival of my mother. Other than some certain twists, I would be doing the ordinary and trying my best at school to one day put a forever lasting smile on my parents' faces.

Soon as the days went on, the spring break approached us enthusiastically and all of a sudden we were all the way in Canada with my older brother and my mom. Pretty crazy huh? I spent my time wisely there with my older brother as it was also a break for him, something called reading week for university students. Soon we were quickly headed into Ramadan, but thank god we didn't how to fast for as long as people in Canada had to, as we had returned back to Egypt by the end of the March break. As the weeks went on, we were coming to the end of the school year, when it was the most fun part of my grade 7. Every day we would return home one hour earlier than usual. Also, every week we would watch different movies with one of my favourite teachers, Mme. Wanda. My favourite movie was " The Greatest Showman" and I seriously encourage everyone to watch it.

Then comes the summer vacation where I meet many of my best friends and family. This year my family, friends and I travelled to a very fun place called Suma Bay at the coast of the Red Sea in Hurghada's direction. We had loads of fun there and we enthusiastically learnt how to dance different types of dances while at it, such as the Tango dance. I encourage everyone in Egypt and Visiting Egypt to go there for a few days. Trust me it is paradise. I am very grateful for my 2018 and hopefully, my 2019 will be as good and even betterer. My one word for 2019 is believe. I must believe that anything is possible and that hopefully if I believe, I believe that my 2019 will be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Vacation (Brought to you by Kempenski Soma Bay)

To start tgis blog off, I want to inform all of you that I miss you guys so so so much! Everyday I check my Instagram feed and see all of yo...