Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2018

FOMO

FOMO is a abbreviation for four words combined that have many meanings. FOMO is short for the words “Fear of Missing Out” which can be used in many different situations and can relate to many different things. The term FOMO was first identified in 1996 by a marketing strategist, Dr. Dan, but it was first published in 2000, in an article in the Journal of Brand Management.

Once about 4-5 years ago, it was a bright sunny Friday and it was the day of the week where we meet up with our aunts and cousins from my dad’s side. But this Friday was a special Friday, it was the Friday where we are invited to two dinners, one from my mom’s family and the other from my dad’s as usual. Our parents gave us the decision to either go with them to my dad’s family or with my grandma to my mom’s family. I really wanted to go with my grandma because it had been a long time since I met my mother’s family, but on the other hand I had the feeling of FOMO on all the fun we had with my older cousins. Finally I made up my mind and decide to go with my beloved grandma, even though it wasn't that fun. After I returned home, my siblings told me that they had such a good time and that it was so funny when the shoe holder fell on my sister’s hand due to the earthquake that day. I knew I should have went with my parents and that my FOMO prediction actually turned into reality.

Share below in the comments what were your FOMO experiences and what you felt like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Vacation (Brought to you by Kempenski Soma Bay)

To start tgis blog off, I want to inform all of you that I miss you guys so so so much! Everyday I check my Instagram feed and see all of yo...