Translate

Monday, November 12, 2018

A Lesson Leant

Everyday we are taught our rights from our wrongs, do this no don’t do that, all this chit chat is experienced throughout anyone’s life from its very start to its very end. We are told at school the school rules like no running in halls and keeping our hands and feet’s to ourselves even though this is canda be applied in the real world, of course schools and studies are the most important parts of our life as it is what builds us and lets us form our identity.

For example, if you are an excellent student at school, meaning you care about your education and your future by listening attentively in class to all lessons taught, that determines whether you will have bright future for sure or maybe get accepted in university. At school we learn various lessons about different topics which gives us knowledge to apply to the real world, just like in my English class where we are learning about racism and how society has developed throughout the years.

Personally, a world applied lesson that I have experienced and learnt from was to never judge a book by its cover. As you may have read in my previous blogposts, when I was 3 months old, I travelled to abroad and lived my whole life outside of my home country, Egypt, fortunately I returned back to Egypt in grade 6. When I got the news that I was returning to Egypt, at first I wanted to commit sucide but then I thought positively, how bad can it be? My first year here was the lamest year in my life, back in Canada there was actually something to do when I was bored, like a bike ride or go to the park with my friends. As I made way up to grade 7, my perspective changed a lot about Egypt and realized that it is a lot more fun to live here and that there is actually more socializing than Canada.

Now I never think about going back to Canada, it was a new great experience to live another country with friends that have different personalities than those in Canada. If I had the chance to go back to Canada, I wouldn’t say no but still if I was in canada and rethought what I had experienced, I would come back to Egypt. “Masr Om El Donia!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Vacation (Brought to you by Kempenski Soma Bay)

To start tgis blog off, I want to inform all of you that I miss you guys so so so much! Everyday I check my Instagram feed and see all of yo...