Translate

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Lollipop Moments!

Lollipop Moments

In the short TED Talk, Drew Dudley talks about "Lollipop Moments", these are moments that just happen accidentally in a positive way that really affects someone's life. Dudley asks the audience "who here is comfortable with calling themselves leaders?", if I were there I would raise my hand. But at the end of the discussion, Drew changes everyone's point of view about what a leader actually is. Drew's vision of leadership are these lollipop moments, how many of them we create a difference and how many actually affect us. Dudley shared with his audience a lollipop moment that he had encountered, 4 years back in college he had gave lollipops to all freshmen, he gave a girl that was just on the verge of quitting university. Just because he gave her that lollipop he had changed her mind and she decided to stay. 4 years later, the girl approached him as he was leaving the university for good, she thanked him for changing her life and because of him she has a future. He never really took in consideration looking at the moment but it sure did mean a lot to others. I have encountered a lollipop moment before. In grade 3, it was time to choose to either to enter a gifted class where the language of instruction was English, or transfer to French extended and graduate with a multilingual diploma, as I would take Arabic Sunday school during my weekend. If I took the gifted class, my diploma wouldn't be as strong as the multilingual, plus French will help me in the outside world a lot! When it was time to make the final decision, my older sister came into discussion and convinced me to take the French path, and that it would really be helpful for university. That was my lollipop moment. I took my sister's point of view into consideration, and I'll be thanking her soon for her advice while I'm living in Paris, France with a multinational company speaking FRENCH with my co-workers! After seeing Drew's leadership idea, I've really found the meaning of leaders and hopefully I will adapt to the new characteristics of a leader. Then I'll be comfortable with saying I'M A LEADER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Vacation (Brought to you by Kempenski Soma Bay)

To start tgis blog off, I want to inform all of you that I miss you guys so so so much! Everyday I check my Instagram feed and see all of yo...